Who are some of our SiteWatch partners?
- New Mexico SiteWatch is managed by the Historic Preservation Division (HPD). Currently, there are seven active SiteWatch Chapters throughout New Mexico. New Mexico SiteWatch is funded by the State of New Mexico, BLM and the United States Forest Service.
Affiliated Stewardship Programs
- Santa Fe National Forest Site Stewards (Santa Fe Site Stewards) monitor the Santa Fe National Forest. The program is specific to the SFNF, and is self-administered with active input from United States Forest Service representatives. This program is not administered by Historic Preservation Division (HPD) though the group is affiliated with SiteWatch.
- Northwest New Mexico Site Stewards monitor archaeological resources in San Juan County, New Mexico. The group is sponsored by Bureau of Land Management Farmington Field office and administered by the Salmon Ruins Museum. The group is affiliated with Site Watch but is not administered by HPD.
- Site Steward Foundation, Inc. is a 205c3 nonprofit organization that manages resources to support stewardship, conservation and education activates in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona. The Foundation supports both SiteWatch and Santa Fe National Forest Site Stewards
Land management agencies
- Bureau of Land Management
- National Park Service
- USDA Forest Service
- New Mexico State Parks
- State Land Office
- Bernalillo County
- Santa Fe County
- The Archaeological Conservancy